Thursday, July 10, 2008

Secret Invasion #4

Well here we are 4 issues into yet another MEGA-CROSSOVER (tm). Yawn! Doesn't anyone remember the '90's? I mean really? Or have all the old farts moved on, and now a new generation is being taken for a ride. I sincerely hope so, and we all are not this fucking stupid.

So like I was saying, 4 issues in, the "story" has not advanced since issue #1. AT ALL. Avengers still in the Savage land fighting each other, Skrulls running amuck in New York, and was it just me or were big reveals promised a bunch of shit? So there were like, what, 6 "big" skrull reveals? Whoopty-fucking doo. And if you're not reading New and Mighty Avengers give it up. You are not going to know anything about who's who. And don't get me started on Marvel and Bendis' charity broject aka Brian Reed. He can't even be bothered to line up his crap with this shit. And hell, even Bendis can't line his crap up IN THE BOOKS HE HIMSELF writes.

If I had paid to read this I would kill myself, but standing and checking it out in my LCS was bad enough. That's 3 minutes I'll never get back. Yes, 3 minutes, there were FAR too many 2-page spreads. A quick read thankfuly.

Was there anything good about this shit? Well yeah two things; 1) It ended, and 2) Yu's art was actually pretty good, give this fool an inker ALL the time.

Final rating: The biggest WTF? I can issue. Maybe WTFF? I gotta stop before my head hurts.

No comments: